This post may contains affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission at no cost to you. Please read the full disclosure here.Each year money always tops the list of New Year’s Resolutions.
As the clock strikes midnight, people turn on the switch to break bad habits and start making new resolutions to change.
According to Statista, here are the most common New Year’s Resolutions:
- Eat healthier
- Get more exercise
- Save (more) money
- Focus on self-care
- Read more
- Make new friends
- Learn a new skill
- Get a (new) job
- Take up a new hobby
- And the “I don’t plan to make New Year’s resolutions”
Personally, I think New Year’s is a great time to examine what worked and what didn’t work in the previous year.
One reason why… Do you want to continue on the same path or not?
If you do, then you need to know what worked and what didn’t work.
If you don’t, then you need to figure out what didn’t work and change it ASAP.
Here is one of my favorite tools to help me stay on track of what I want to achieve in the upcoming year.
If someone interviewed you right now, what would you tell them that your money related New Year’s Resolution would be?
Do you have the grit and grind to reach it?
Here are Money Bliss, we have plenty of resources to help you succeed. So, sit down and relax and keep on reading. And make sure to sign up for our emails.
Without further ado, here is an ultimate list of New Year’s Money Resolutions.
Find motivation. Inspiration to achieve your money goals.
To turn your New Year’s Resolution into a habit, check out this post.
List of New Year’s Money Resolutions:
1. Save money.
2. Pay off debt.
3. Be prepared for unexpected expenses.
4. Create a Cents Plan (AKA Budget).
5. Learn the steps to financial freedom.
6. Pay off credit cards in full each month.
7. Use cash instead of credit cards.
8. Admit you need to look at your financial situation.
9. Make sure you aren’t making one of these common debt mistakes.
10. Start investing.
11. Learn more about your relationship with money. Check out this FREE program – Jumpstart Your Money Bliss.
12. Teach your kids about money.
13. Start meal planning.
14. Start saving now for Christmas gifts.
15. Hold a spending freeze challenge!
16. Use a budgeting app to track your spending.
17. Start living a frugal lifestyle.
18. Stop using credit cards to fund everyday purchases you can’t afford.
19. Get tips to make ends meet even if you are broke.
20. Save an emergency fund.
21. Double check your receipt that you were charged appropriately. Use this resource to help.
22. Start giving money.
23. Figure out how to organize your life and create a simpler life.
24. Trim down your basic expenses.
25. Stop picking up fast food for a quick alternative for dinner.
26. Use slush money (AKA pocket money) to stop fighting about money.
27. Learn the advantages of budgeting.
28. Start saving for vacation.
29. Learn how to live on next to nothing.
30. Use these tips to pay off debt faster.
31. Start a Roth IRA.
32. Maximize your Health Saving Account (HSA) Contributions.
33. Understand the importance of sinking funds.
34. Change career paths.
35. Save more money.
36. Live off one income.
37. Use credit cards rewards for FUN spending (if and only if paid off each month).
38. Sell stuff and clutter from around your house.
39. Save for a down payment on a house.
42. Meet with a flat fee financial planner or at least start with a money coach.
43. Understand the F.I.R.E. movement.
44. Save extra coins for a rainy day fund.
45. Decide whether or not to pay for college.
46. Make consistent income with a side business.
47. Learn the best methods of budgeting you need to know.
48. Stop going to Starbucks each day (or a couple times a day).
51. Set aside money for taxes if self-employed.
52. Super charge your savings like your grandparents did.
53. Use an app to pay off debt.
54. Use gift cards wisely.
55. Remember childhood lessons taught at school.
56. Change to eating out 1-2 times a month.
57. Turn your hobby into a way to make money.
58. Start freezing meals for dinner.
59. Review insurance policies.
60. Pay your taxes on time.
61. Use the Money Bliss Steps to Financial Freedom Guides to fast track your progress.
62. Learn how to score a true deal shopping!
63. Learn what baseball and money have in common.
64. Vow NO MORE DEBT.
65. Trim down your grocery budget without rice & beans.
66. Millennials – start investing at a young age.
67. Entrepreneurs – Make wise business marketing decisions.
68. Buy more than toys for your kids.
69. Understand the concept of time, value, and money.
70. Take care of your financial house first.
71. Go on No-spend date nights (or kid-parent date nights).
72. Don’t be afraid to look at your money situation.
73. Have enough money for kid’s activities when they are due.
74. Understand the balancing act between life and money.
75. Create a FUN jar.
76. Learn how to manage money and still enjoy life.
77. Accumulate wealth.
78. Refinance those pesky student loans.
79. Pick up the best kitchen gadgets for healthy eating.
80. Stay on budget at Christmas.
81. Conquer your clutter once and for all.
82. Decide if a meal plan subscription will help you reach your other New Year’s resolutions.
83. Make passive income.
84. Use Cash Back Apps for extra spending money.
85. Start participating in random acts of kindness.
86. Start making money with a side hustle.
87. Spend less on material items to experience life.
88. Understand the #1 critical reason you fail at budgets.
89. Pack a lunch for work rather than eating out.
90. Increase retirement saving to 15% of annual income.
91. Don’t buy these things at the grocery store.
92. Make sure your wills and power of attorneys (POAs) are up to date.
93. Don’t fall into the debt trap again with these tips.
94. Compare your budget percentages to the average American.
95. Don’t fall for some of the worst financial advice.
96. Find awesome gift ideas when you’re broke.
97. Learn to make a budget in 7 steps.
98. Add these personal finance books to your reading list for 2019.
99. Start saving money each month.
100. Why investing early is so important.
101. Find happy hour specials or kids eat free nights.
102. Make more money.
103. Don’t give up!
The ultimate list of over 100 New Year’s Money Resolutions to change your life!
Did you know you are WAY more likely to reach your goals when you tell others!
Find motivation to change your life with money. Plenty of tips to get you started with New Year’s Resolutions with money!!
There are plenty of ways to go through life.
You can let money manage you? Or you can manage your money?
Which do you prefer?
Stick around. I promise you will learn a thing or two. Plus greatly improve your money journey.
I want to hear from you… What is your New Year’s Resolutions for 2019?